I am growing up. On the eve of my birthday, i thought i would indulge in a list....which I Love!,,
29 Of my best things...in no particular order.
1. A husband who I LOVE...and still have a crush on. I can't imagine life without Clark. He is a fab husband and an remarkable daddy.
2. Whitney Paige. I could write an entire entry here, duh, but that's what the rest of the blog is for!
3. A job that I not only like, but love. Not every day is a walk in the park but some of my best friends and most proud times have come from GG. I would have never called this as a career job, at 21...but 8 years later (and some amazing growth opportunities) I am hopeful for the future on Red Bank Road.
4. Hannah. The wittiest one that keeps me on my toes. She surprises me constantly. I love the ever-changing role we play in each others life. She's more than a step daughter. She is a friend, teacher, laugh-factory, cupcake war rival chef, Girls Night In coordinator. I love her!
5. Sunday mornings at Crossroads with Clark and Whitney,
6. God's love and salvation... the reason for every blessing on my 29 list...and so much more.I don't always focus on this everyday as I should, but Praise Him from whom all blessings flow.
7. Karl & Anne Davenport. I would be writing my 30 list by the time I wrote all the wonderful things about them. Now becoming a parent, I have an extraordinary amount of respect for the time, love, prayer and energy that they put into teaching me. I have the best parents of all parentdom.
8. A best friend who happens to be my sister. Whitney and I have bonding years every so often, and the past year and a half has been the best bonding of all time. From loving on her in the scary moments before and after Barrett's birth, and then the scary ones after Whitney Paige's...to sharing in the joys of two babies, best cousins. I am thankful for the proximity, physically and emotionally.
9. Ashley Paige...my dearest sister. I have many moments to be thankful for over our lives, but without a doubt she is the reason Clark and I made it through one of the most horrific moments (of the year, and likely our lives). I can't express it but Ashley was here and her calm was the reason everything worked out. I couldn't have chosen a more appropriate name for the most important one!
10. Brian, my wonderful big brother....and his sweet family. I am so fortunate to have A brother as a friend and mentor. I enjoy our talks and the advice you have(though I need more frequency,) I learn something in every conversation....whether it's about organic food or mutual funds, your broad interests help make me more interesting, too.
11. My girlfriends. I have been on hiatus for a while, but I love them all and our times together. They each make me better, all the time.
12. My annual birthday call from Daniel! We have only missed a couple calls in 13 years. It has always been one of the most anticipated calls to receive (and to make on 12/23).
13. iPad. The greatest, though, not ideal for this entry...my fingers hurt!
14. Paul, aka dogger. Certainly fallen in ranks since WP, but, must still be in the upper echelon for most loved dogs!
15. Coke. I don't care about the sugar. I love one of you, a day.
16. Pre-pregnancy jeans. I was very pleased with the fairly rapid weight loss, post pregnancy. There is nothin like fitting into pre-preg jeans. Now, if I could just get into pre-wedding britches....those are a few pounds away.
17. Morrocan oil. I think this hair oil has changed my somewhat temperamental hair. The past month has been easier with its help!
18. Vacation, and a budget that allows!
19. Solid nights sleep! Certainly hard to come by, and likely the reason it's made the blessings/greatest things list this year!!! I think I have had four truly solid nights of sleep. Despite a soundly sleeping pea, I find a way to see several hours on the clock each night.
20. Clark's mom and dad, aka Nanny & Papa. What a big help they are with Whitney Paige! They are the best sitters...they love on her and find a way to sweep or wash dishes...it's more than I seem to be able to do!!!
21. Ray Lamontagne. I have been listening to my "ray" station on pandora for about 5 years. I know I am missing out on some major music but I love him....and those who sound like him.
22. Spring, and the promise of peonies, Reds baseball, zoo babies and strolls with our maclaren stroller.
23. O'Keeffe's working hands...and my new soft skin...and new focus at work. Just don't mix it with gorilla glue!
24. Reading. I have somehow find some time to read The Hunger Games series and Water for Elephants during the past few months. All, sooooo good.
25. Ciao Bella photography in Dayton Ohio. I look back at our first family shoot from September and gets goosebumps. I can't wait for the next sessio .
26. Angel care baby monitor. This picks up on breathing movement and sets off an alarm if breathing ceases fro 20 seconds. It is the only reason for the four sleepless nights that I have had since July 29.
27. My wedding bands. Just today someone asked to take a picture of it to send to her future fiancee.I was flattered, though it was odd that she was a stranger, and she put it on her hand. Thankfully, she was working at my dentists office, so I didn't think she would run!
28. New pampered chef pots. Now, just have to cook something in them!
29. Health for another year. It seems like bad luck to not acknowledge good health. After some scary pregnancies, and the risk to WP and Barrett I have a new respect for how fragile life is...and an appreciation for each day!
Monday, March 14, 2011
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

Happy birthday, sister! I am so thankful for you, too. I'm not sure what I would have done over the past two years without you. I hope that you have a wonderful day!
ReplyDeleteI hope your birthday is great. It is easy being parents when you've got the best kids. We love you and your family. Blessings to you!
ReplyDeleteHappy birthday!
ReplyDelete