Saturday, January 1, 2011

New Year's Resolution--More Blogs!


Hannah & Whitney Paige at Hannah's Choir Concert.

I said it last time I posted, so here I am on January 1, posting an update. I hope this is the start of better documentation of our life.

We have had a wonderful couple of weeks. Christmas was good-a bit different than I am used to, and maybe not what I would have chosen for Whitney Paige's first, but she knows no different. I came to a realization this year--and I don't know that I like it. Here goes: I AM AN ADULT! Eek. I said it, err, typed it. I came to realize that my Christmas wishes and the memories I want to create for Whitney Paige are great but not the most important. I may not always get my way and have Christmas when and where I want, but the really important part is that we spend time together...as our families grow, it gets harder to be together but, we are all still trying and really it doesn't matter when we open presents--the celebration isn't supposed to be about that anyway.

Christmas started off on Christmas Eve when Clark gave me my gift. Turns out, he surprised me with an iPad. I have been wanting one, both for fun and for work! It's awesome...The next morning, we spent time with Whitney Paige. She got a lot of colorful toys, some new clothes (YAY! We're making it into 3-6 months clothes--she was five months on 12/29), books and more. Her favorites so far are Mortimer the Moose (a colorful, squeeky, chewy toy) and Sophie the giraffe (an 'all-the-rage' chewey, squeeky toy). Her gifts looked very similar to Paul's chewy squeeky toys, but so far, no mistakes have been made.

We then spent time with Clark's family and then met up with Hannah! Hannah also had lots of goodies from us and Santa. Her favorites (among the masses) were her table top foosball (which is a lot of fun), new clothes, and purple chuck taylor high tops. She also got a cell phone from Santa (at her mom's) and that was probably the best gift! She loves to text us--and it is really cute. I sort of dread the teen years when she stops texting us because she has "more important people" to text.

After the gifts, we all loaded up and hit the road for a seven hour drive to VA. We had a great trip--until we hit the WVA, VA state line, where the dreaded snow began to accumulate. The last three hours of our trip turned into 5 intense, white knuckle hours. We tip-toed down I77 through the curves and mountains, to make it safely to Stuart, VA.

Everyone arrived in VA over the next couple days and we had our Davenport family Christmas--complete with lots of stocking making, waay to many gifts and good memory making & telling. It's always a treat to be around the family--at least my sentimental-self thinks so!

The grand kids!

Aunt Whitney reading The Grinch to WPC and Barrett.

The gooters (short for toots magoots) was an incredible traveler, this go round. Rarely crying at all! Hannah is also a great traveler and was quick to entertain Magoots when the first threat of a tear was heard. She is a good girl! Just look at what a sweetie:


No comments:

Post a Comment