It is the single most awful moment of my life and one that I will pray to forget, though I know I never will. In fact, I know I won't forget that feeling because it has made me NMotY (neurotic mom of the year.)
Any little peep from Whitney Paige sends me (and her dad) into a panic. She can cough and we bound out of bed into her room and nearly grab her by the toes and start pounding on her back. I know that sounds extreme, but not when you are NMotY.
I see other parents merely turn their head when their child is having a coughing attack--meanwhile I have Whitney Paige in the infant CPR position and she's not even the one coughing! Again, it sounds extreme but its true.
I tippy-toe through life with this fragile little being (myself) clutched tightly to the most amazing (and likely less fragile being) baby.
This weekend, Whitney Paige started to have a little tremor in her arm. This occurred during playtime or time when Clark and I were talking to her. After several neurotic hours reading about infantile seizures and spasms, emails to our friend who works as a nurse for neurological disorders, calls to my sister, youtube videos, I have determined that Whitney Paige is just a normal (well, she's anything but normal, of course!) 5.75 month old, who has an immature nervous system and can't always control every movement. I have analyzed, read, self-prescribed, cried...Why, oh why do I have to be NMotY??
In good news--non-neurotic, good news, Whitney Paige is the proud owner of TWO teethies! They are are the cutest, most beautiful, gorgeous little teethies ever. (I am also PMotY--proudest mother of the year--naturally.) I don't have a photo of these gems of teeth, but as soon as I can get her to open her mouth long enough, I will snap a keepsake.
Another status update--Whitney Paige has successfully rolled from stomach to back (she's been doing this) and back to stomach! The back to stomach roll takes longer to conquer and we (she) has done it. It's the cutest little thing ever. Most of the attempts end up in a stuck position. Her arm acts as a speed block that she can't quite get over. But, about 2 out 5 attempts end in her on her belly with her head raised high. She is spectacular.
A final brag moment...Whitney Paige has had her first spoon/bowl/cereal experience. We started rice cereal last Monday. Our first attempt was a roaring success (what else would it be?). WPC ate the entire bowl and did it very well...The rest of the attempts (Tue-today) have been lacking the initial gumption. Either she is quickly bored and already way beyond cereal or she has determined its too much effort and would rather zip her lips and avoid eye contact until I scoop her up and provide the much-loved bottle.

Your blog is so cute...Lauren I can tell you're an awesome and adorable little mommy!
ReplyDelete