Wednesday, December 22, 2010

My sweets.

Dear abandoned readers,

I really have no explanations for the lack of communication through this blog. My new year's resolution is to carve out more time to document the life of my sweat P. And, I guess my life in general.

Little Whitney Paige is just a true joy! She is growing so fast--it seems like only last week she was sipping milk out of a syringe-type bottle. Now, she is up to 5 1/2-6 oz bottles each feed.



Life as a working mom is about the toughest thing I have ever done. I love my job, thank goodness!, but also find that I am torn nearly every morning that I leave her sweet juicy cheeks and pretty blue eyes.

I have noticed that I don't do much outside of the house anymore. After a work day, it takes all I have to go out with friends, go to the grocery, etc. I don't want to neglect these relationships, but at the same time, after a long day away, it just hurts to do anything but hang with the babe. How could you not hurt a little when leaving this sweetie? Whitney Paige is developing along just wonderfully. She is trying to hold onto a bottle, trying to sit up, successfully holding her head up, giggling and smiling all the time. I can only imagine the treats that we are in for down the road. I think Whitney Paige is growing in light colored hair. We have been eagerly waiting her hair color! Clark and I both secretly (well not so secretly, I guess) wish for a little blondie. I think she is coming in pretty blonde, but there is not much to go on! She had way more hair when she was born than she does now.

As we approach Christmas, I am excited to experience with a new focus on life. This time last year, Clark and I found out that we were expecting and our lives have been monumentally changed for the better. The worst days don't even feel that bad with my little baby. I am excited to start Christmas traditions with my family-and to teach Whitney Paige what Christmas is all about. I want her to be excited for Santa Claus but to really know that Santa and presents are trivial in the grand scheme of life, and while I can't wait to hear "Frosty" and "Santa Claus is Coming to Town", the words I really can't wait to here are "Jesus Loves Me". I have been reading her little stories that Whitney ('aunt' whitney) and I had as children, but it has made me realize that Whitney Paige doesn't have her own Bible yet. I received my first one when I was born--so I am really behind. I think I will pick one up today to give her on her First Christmas.
Merry Christmas, to all!

4 comments:

  1. Yay for a post! You reminded me that Barrett doesn't have a Bible either- at least not a real one (he does have a storybook Bible). I should get him one, too.

    ReplyDelete
  2. You guys have to get them the precious moments Bibles...That we had as kids...They have them for girls and boys...I remember laughing at some of the pictures during church and being separated because we were giggling too loud! Good times!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Merry Christmas to my sweet niece, Whitney Paige on her very first Christmas. Love, Aunt Ashley

    ReplyDelete
  4. i love you friend. lets get together and play with our babies! =)

    ReplyDelete