Monday, April 12, 2010

Pregnancy Brain is a FACT

Well, I have been officially welcomed to the pregnancy brain club. It's been coming, I could sense it, but today was my hazing. I am a full-fledged member. The worst part, and my biggest fear, is that it happened at work!

Monday's are always a bit zany at work--especially lately. We are so busy and everyone is doing about five different things (maybe five times twenty!). Anyway, today, a couple from my marketing team were scheduled for a photo shoot. I was going to drop in for the afternoon after morning meetings. I left around noon and got to the shoot in time for a quick sandwich lunch. Maybe forty-five minutes in, my cell rang. Another co-workers called to tell me "Um...You have a someone here to see you."

"No, I don't have any meetings scheduled today. Who is it?"

She gives me the name and proceeds to tell me that there are two other people and they are from out of town. It immediately dawns on me. I DO have a meeting and they are in the lobby...and I'm in downtown Cincinnati!! EEEK.

I ran down the 3 flights of stairs, jumped in my car and flew 10 miles back up to the office. I was mortified. After catching my breath, I started the meeting. Oh-I didn't mention-this wasn't just a meeting I was a part of..NOPE. This was a meeting with an outside company who wanted to pick my brain about what our marketing is all about. So-no hiding! The good news about my preggers brain is that it ended immediately once I started talking. 2 hours later, the meeting was over and I was relieved to have made it through. I can only hope that a portion of what I said was relevant and helpful!

Happy Monday, right?!?!

No comments:

Post a Comment