Wednesday, April 21, 2010

Pea is just like Me.

Well, I have a little mover & shaker in my belly. Pea is extremely active. I felt her move for the first time a few weeks ago (16 weeks, we're 19 now) but it was pretty hit or miss. Now, I think I am in the phase of feeling her everyday. And finally, last night, I could feel her from the outside. This is great news for Clark--if we can time it right, he should feel his little lady kicking around.


I have found that Pea and I already have a lot in common.


1. We both like maternity pants.
One day last week I wore pants that were just a little snug. Pea kicked at my belly as if to say "Hey Cheapo, buy some new britches." I did and we are both MUCH happier.


2. We both really love the Snoogle (or as I call it, Snoodle) Clark bought us.
This is not me, but here is the snoogle and how it works. Pea and I have been sleeping like Charms.


3. Pea and I love Paul.
Paul doesn't start the night off snuggled next to Pea, but, he usually ends up tucked neatly next to the little baby bump. We like him there, for now. It won't last, though.
4. Finally, Pea and I LOVE sugar.
One thing we don't have in common is the effect of the sugar on our bodies. I can eat a bag of cotton candy (courtesy of the Red's baseball game) and fall asleep and Pea eats a bag of cotton candy and does flips for an hour. It's awesome to feel her moving but I promised not to eat another bag of cotton candy. I don't think that's a good thing for her!
This is about it for me. All is going well. Dad is coming to visit next week so he's bringing the furniture for the nursery with him. Once we get the pieces, Clark and I will look for a crib that matches Mama Camille's antique furniture. I think I found one, but not sure if the stains will match...So we have some fun ahead!!

No comments:

Post a Comment