As per usual, my update to the 'life of Whitney Paige' has fallen behind. The good news is, the lack of post is not a reflection of the lack of activity!
1. My what Big Teeth You Have.
WP is up to 6 teeth! The 4th top tooth is breaking through, as I type (as she sleeps!). She has two on the bottom as well. It's funny--the teeth thing. She was an early teether. We think this comes from Clark. His 1st tooth came at 4 months, which is similar to WP. I think I had one tooth at her age! It's funny to see such big teeth in such a little person.
2. Up High. Down Low.
Hannah recently taught Whitney Paige how to HIGH FIVE. I am really amazed that she was able to pick it up-and repeat it many days later. She will give Hannah Up and High and Down Low--then loads of giggles and squeals for a job well done.
3. You say Goodbye. And I say Hello.
Along with High Fives, WP is able to wave Hello and say "hiiiiii"--it really is more of a sigh than a word, but we like to think she knows. She can also wave goodbye, followed by "baa-baa-baa". This is her word for bye bye as well as bottle!
4. I Love to Eat, Eat, Eat, Eeples and Benene's.
(that's Apples and Banana's, if you don't know the song). We have finally taken the turn to table foods. We still rely mostly on formula and baby food, but we are getting more comfortable with giving WP table food. So far, she likes banana's, pasta spirals, Cheerio's, and watermelon (according to daycare!). I look forward to introducing her to more foods as she gets bigger. Of course, she has more teeth than some adults, so she really probably could handle more! hah!
5. I'm Leaving on a Jet Plane
Whitney Paige has now logged two trips via plane. Last January was to Florida. Then, in May, Clark and I took her, along with our friends Jimmy, Nicole and Jessalyn, to San Diego and Palm Springs. Both babes (Jessalyn is 7 mos. old). were terrific-both during the flight and adjusting to West coast time. We had a blast-and so did the girls.
@ Coronado/San Diego
(award winning!)
6. Big Girls Don't Cry
No, they don't. But 10 month old girls do! I have found the one and only flaw in my child. It's true-she has a flaw. It took nearly 10 months to find, but, we have a bit of 'diva'! Whitney Paige loves to chew on things, whether it be a burp cloth, Bunny-bunny's ear, her toothbrush or hair brush. It doesn't matter. Most of the time, I don't care. However, there are times when I need to take things away. She INSTANTLY meltsdown and literally turns as red as a tomato. Real tears even fall. The minute I find something to replace the item--or distract her with a song, she quits crying and laughs. She is such a faker-but it's pretty sad! I don't know how to proceed with this behavior. I think she is a little too young to know-but then again, maybe not.
7. Can You Tell Me How to Get, How to Get to Sesame Street?
Speaking of crying. While in California, Whitney Paige had her first melt-down over a toy. I think it was the toy, but it could have also been because of the before-mentioned tendency to cry when things are taken away. However, I think it was the toy. We stopped in a toy store in Palm Springs and I saw a Grover doll from Sesame Street. We don't want WP to be obsessed with TV, however, in the mornings it comes in handy while we have to get ready for work. She loves Sesame Street. And to that, she has always loved Grover-from her book "Grover's Animal Guessing Book". It's funny to see her like things-and Grover as always been at the top of the list. Anyway, I picked him up and showed her. She started to shake and smile the award-winning (well, future award-winning) smile (hah!). I let her hold him, but then took him away. She belted out a cry-and produced some real tears, again. Now-I know what everyone is thinking. Clark and Lauren are now the proud owners of a $17 Grover plush. WRONG! I didn't do it. I didn't buy it. I am somewhat proud of myself, and somewhat mortified. I mean, it was the first thing she cried over. And she LOVES him. I have decided she will be getting a Grover for her birthday-(hint to anyone preparing for 7/29/11: She loves Grover. And oddly enough, Curious George! haha!!)
8. Parting is Such Sweet Sorrow.
Speaking of toys that we (mostly I) love. Sophie the Giraffe. If you aren't familar, this is the toy of the year, apparently. It is a lovely little thing-perfect for small hands and sore gums. WP loves Sophie! It was the first toy she picked up as a little-little baby, and while she doesn't have to have Sophie as a lovey every night, she certainly loves her. And we lost her.
GASP! I lost our child's first toy--and I didn't buy her Grover. It's really sad-and terrible. To redeem myself, I did order a new Sophie right after we got home. In addition, I ordered a back up of her real lovey "Bunny-bunny." I couldn't find the white and black polka dot one, but I found a pink one that hopefully will serve well if anything should have to b-b. It has the same ears, and she chews on those-so hopefully color doesn't matter.
(with Bunny-bunny)
I know there are so many more tales to tell. But, this may have to do it for now. As always, she is the joy of all joy-and the biggest blessing to my life every single day!

No comments:
Post a Comment