
Clark and my Dad ran the Flying Pig Marathon. Clark ran the full and Dad ran the half. Both did an impressive job, beating their goal times and living to tell about it:)
We had a great time, though, the preparation made me a bit nervous. I was so worried about getting around the city to cheer, that I could hardly enjoy visiting! We made a route and Mom, Whitney, Barrett, Hannnah, Whitney Paige and I loaded up on the rainy Sunday morning. We parked downtown and put the babes in strollers and walked to 7th street, near mile 5. We waited for a little while then Dad (aka Grandy) passed by. He was running a faster pace than Clark, since he was running 13.1 vs. 26.2, so I was happy to know we would at least see them both once!
After we saw Clark, some great costumes and a bare naked man (running), Hannah, WP and I split off from Mom, Whit and Barrett. They headed to see Dad finish his race. Meanwhile, the girls and I went to mile 12 area, on Erie Ave. We caught Clark and were excited to see him again. After some cheers, kisses and high fives, we ran to the car and hustled to the next check point--mile 20. We parked and got to our spot in plenty of time to see Clark a 3rd time. I was so happy that we were able to make our destinations and to get to see Clark on his journey. We met back up for the finish, with Dad and Whitney, while Barrett and Nana stayed home. We all saw Clark finish--with a grin! We were so proud of him.

Thanks to Whitney for the pictures (that I stole from her blog!) I didn't take anything but relied completely on her. She was nice enough to snap a few shots!
WP was too cute--she wore a pink TU-TU to cheer her Grandy and Daddy on! Here is a post-race shot, back home with Nana and Grandy.
For a better account of the weekend's events, at least by photo, check out my sister's blog

You guys make me wish I had a sister!!!
ReplyDelete