
Enjoying a morning snack @ Cincinnati Zoo.
Time is flying by in Mommy-hood. My return to work is nearing, at least for the part time portion starting Sept 27-Nov 1. I am nervous about leaving her but also miss my work and co-workers, so I do look forward to getting back into the swing of things. Being a full-time mommy is way harder work than I would have ever thought! Great, but hard, work.
Life with Whitney Paige is awesome. Everyday something new seems to happen, or I discover something new about my little goose that I never knew. So much has happened since my last post, so I will try to recap some of the highlights.
Whitney Paige went to watch her daddy run in the Cheetah Run 5K at the Cincinnati Zoo on 9/5. She slept through the majority of the day! Clark did a great job and we had fun cheering him on. Here we are paying tribute to the Gorilla's!

Also during our Labor Day weekend, we scheduled our first family photo shoot. We don't have those pictures back just yet but I think they will be great. We all wore shades of gray and purple--which hopefully turns out nice. Whitney Paige also slept through the majority of this event!

Hmm...too bad we can't get her to sleep through the majority of the night! Actually, I can't complain about this. WPC sleeps for about 5 hours straight at night. That's a step in the right direction compared to the every 2-3 hours that she came home doing. The pretty eyes in the picture above are what I get to enjoy at 5:00 am! It could be worse...for instance, what she has to look at during those hours is not nearly as pleasant.
Each week, Nanny (Clark's Mom) comes by to visit with Whitney Paige and gives me a bit of a chance to run errands. I don't know why I thought that we wouldn't need groceries for 8 weeks, but alas, we do...And apparently Mommy-hood still continues to mean I am in charge of grocery shopping. I wanted to pass that task off to Clark, but no avail. I guess that's ok--we would be eating Quaker Rice Cakes and only healthy things if he were in charge. Someone has to splurge on fruit snacks, doughnuts, and yes...REAL COKE!
Some other little notes on baby:
Whitney Paige enjoys her cousin Barrett--He plays while she snoozes--but before long she be crawling after him.
WP has a gassy belly and that makes ALL of us sad. She squirms and squirms and lets out a cry and then it goes away, leaving only a little proof in the air as to what the problem was:)
WP likes to cuddle but will fall asleep on her own. We are thankful that she likes being rocked/held/carried to sleep but thankful that it's not a requirement.
and my personal favorite note...WP gets very, very tired eyes whenever I sing Twinkle Twinkle to her! It's hilarious how that song makes her sleepy while others don't. It must be in my range and therefore sounds much better than the others.
I love this little lady!
In closing, I hope to get much better about blogging and keeping up with what is going on in WP's life...I feel like my ability to be reflective (and clever) has disappeared. I hope it's just the newborn fog that is in my brain:)

No comments:
Post a Comment