Monday, August 30, 2010

One Month (+1 day)


























Dear Whitney Paige,

Happy one month! What a month this has been. You have now been home for 1/2 of your life. The other 1/2 was spent in the NICU at both Good Sam and Children's Hospital. Since you have been home, you have done so well. Your daddy and I are comfortable with you and confident that you are growing and thriving. In fact, you will likely no longer fit in Preemie clothes before too long!

You have quickly become the light of my eye. Every thought starts and stops with you. It's amazing how someone so tiny can captivate my heart, mind and, well, really anything! I have heard this is what being a mommy feels like, but now I know!




















You are a very, very good baby. You have only cried a handful of times and that has typically been the result of an upset belly. Our most proud accomplishment for you during this month:

1. Gaining weight! You are nearly 6 lbs (according to the scale at our house, at least.) Your next doctors visit is this week, so I'll know for sure soon!

2. Figuring out day and night. For the past week, you have slept mostly through the night with the exception of feedings. Prior to this, you liked your alert hours to be from 2 am-5 am...This was very hard for us!













3. You have worked your way up to 80 mL's of milk. This is about 2 1/2 oz./feeding. See note 1...this is why!

4. Lifting and turning your head from side-to-side.

You are really starting to show engaging actions. You reach for Daddy's face and you calm down when I hold you and touch my face to yours. You are the sweetest thing.

We love you!


No comments:

Post a Comment