Tuesday, August 24, 2010

Finally. Time.













Ms. Whitney Paige,

You aren't too happy with me right now, but one day, you'll appreciate that I took my arms off of your sweet little body to type a few thoughts. You are still in my lap, but the pillow and my chest are trying to do what my arms would normally. You are asleep but a bit gassy (and probably close to hungry).

You are the best little thing in the world. I spend a lot of time staring at you, typically from 2:00 am-5:00 am, when you choose to stay awake. I know this won't last, in fact, last night you only woke up twice to eat from 1:30 am to 8:00 am. Mommy was thrilled:)

Daddy has gone back to work this week. You and I both miss him. He love, love, loves you and takes really great care of you. The first couple of nights that we had you home, Daddy took better care of you than me. At least, he had the ability to calm your little-self down. It hurt my feelings at first, but after a couple sleepless nights, I was quite happy that his arms were so comforting to you. Plus, mine became more appealing to you, so I felt we were even. Overall, you are a happy, easy baby--with a little bit of gas and confusion over day and night. Both are very common newborn issues so we'll get through.














What do we do with our time? Hmm...that is a good question...The days FLY by and suddenly another has come and gone and I hardly know what we've done. Our life is a constant rotation of feeding you, pumping breastmilk (and practicing breastfeeding), changing diapers, washing bottles and pumping supplies, naps, tv to stay awake (me, not you), starbucks (or redbull for daddy). You really like Food Network and CMT when you are with Mommy and Paladia (the music/concert channel) and ESPN when you are with Daddy. I guess we are subconsciously trying to inspire music, sports and cooking (in that order, I suppose).

You have a lot of new friends already. Tons of people from work and in the neighborhood are taking good care of us. We have lots of dinners and gifts--people want to meet you so badly, but we are keeping you tucked inside for a couple more weeks. Just so you are healthy and strong before the debut. You have met a few people and they love you instantly.

You are almost 4 weeks old and you weigh 5lbs....Well, at your doctors appointment last week you were 4.15, so Daddy and I have decided you are at least 5lbs now. You are still in preemie clothes and diapers. Even though Newborn start at 5lbs, I think it will be a little while before those fit.

Your Nanny has babysat you a couple times, once for me to go to a neighborhood shower and once for Daddy and me to have a date. We talked about you most of the time we were out! I guess that i what parents do! We love you so much, there doesn't seem like there is much more to say, other than that.

You look like a nice blend of Mommy & Daddy. We think you have Mommy's eyes, so when you are awake, you seem to look a lot like me. But, you look an awful lot like Dad, too. We'll watch closely as you grow and change--this is so fun.



















Love you tons, little WPC!
Mommy

No comments:

Post a Comment