Monday, February 8, 2010

A long time coming. Hello 10 Weeks

I am running way late on my posting. Things have been a little bit of a hiatus--not much is happening to me and not much to report pea-wise.

We did have our 8 week ultrasound. It was a bitter-sweet day. We found out that pea2 never developed a heartbeat. Pea1 was doing great-strong heartbeat and thriving. There was certainly a sense a loss that we had to deal with, even at such an early gestation, they both felt like our babies. The good news is that Pea1 was doing so well that we graduated back to our normal OB. So that is terrific news. Our next visit (first with the new doctor) is actually tomorrow!

So, what's happening these days? Like I mentioned, not much is new with me. Still wearing my same clothes, still feeling fine, etc. etc. However, our newest news is that Hannah has been informed that a new sibling will be gracing us. She responded with "Awesome. Cool. I hope its a girl." Throughout the pregnancy, I will share humerous Hannah-isms. There are many. My favorite, to date, came this weekend.

Hannah to Lauren: "So, how ya been feelin?"
Lauren to Hannah: "Pretty good. Nothing new, really."
Hannah to Lauren: "Yeah. So far this pregnancy is working out really well for me."
Lauren to Hannah: "What do you mean?"
Hannah to Lauren: "Well, in the past 4 days you have bought two cartons of dough nuts. It's Awesome...Except that you eat them so fast and I don't get as many."

If the old wife's tale about craving sweets if it's a girl is true, we are having a girl without a shadow of a doubt. Cake. Muffins. Doughnuts. Orange Soda. Air Heads. Nerds. Any sugar, I want it. Even though I know it's the last thing I should be eating, it's the first thing on my mind!

More to come tomorrow--and before long we'll be at 12 weeks and this little blog will no longer be so private.

No comments:

Post a Comment