At this point, the pregnancy is going fantastic. Things are easy--a few bizarre cravings, a few naps a day, a few (thousand) trips to tinkle. Our first ultra sound went well. We actually had 2 small sacs that had developed. One had a heartbeat, one did not. The one that did not will either develop a heartbeat in the next couple weeks (and we'll be having twins!) or it will not develop at all. We are excited about the thought of twins, but overwhelmed with it as well. We know that we shouldn't think too far ahead--at least not until the 8 week u/s confirms!
I like to keep Clark in the loop on everything that I am feeling...My latest has been sharing what the P-P's (pea 1 and pea 2, so much for not getting carried away) really like to eat each day. Thus far, I have not been sick at all, which is great! However, I have very, very picky tastes. Similarly, I have very strong aversions to food. These really began about a week ago, but they are in full force now. Goodbye meats: no red meat, chicken, nothing. The only meat (if it could be called that) which appeals to me would be Bologna. I think this is from the first 10 years of my life when it was certainly the food of choice.
For reflection purposes, I thought I would log these interesting wants/unwants.
Tuesday January 20:
Frosted Flakes with Bananas--YES!
Gold Star Cheese Coneys--YES!
Coke--YES! (just a litte caffeine)
Bob Evans frozen Chicken Noodle Soup (avoiding all chicken) over a southern style biscuit--YES!
Classic White cake with white icing--YESSSS! (*note, I did not eat this, but had the first major craving last night around 9:30. it was too late to bake.)
Wednesday January 21:
Frosted Flakes--no banana--Yes!
Bologna sandwich, lotsa mustard--YES!
Dorito's--OH YES!
Orange Jello--I don't know--this has never been appealing before, but today, YES!
Coke--YES! (again)
Gummy bears--just a few
Classic White Cake--I am baking it tonight.
I am going to make chili tonight, as Clark is not as appetized by the above menu. However, I am fully prepared to eat just a cheese spud instead...oh, that sounds good.
In other news, Clark and I received the swine flu vaccine today. My doctor highly recommended we get it. Gorilla was offering it for free so I signed up. They kindly let Clark in also. At first, I told him he didn't have to get it but he wouldn't be able to be around the P-P's for 6 months. Knowing how much I will need his hands, he just said "We'll buy a video monitor and I'll wave from the other room!" A baby Connley is way too cute to resist, though, and a very reluctant daddy came in for his shot today.
This is all for me today. Just 1 more week for Ultrasound Numero Deux, where we pray all is well with both sweet Peas. Following that, we'll wait one more week to get to 9 before we start making official announcements.
This feels like an eternity.
Wednesday, January 20, 2010
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment