Tuesday, May 7, 2013

Time Flies When You Are Having Fun...or You Are Sleep Deprived!

Sweet little Meg and Mr. Eli are almost 6 MONTHS OLD! I can hardly believe the time has gone by so quickly. I am so incredibly blessed and can hardly believe that such precious little children are mine.

I can honestly say, while the early days were not easy, this process has not been as bad as I expected. Clark is an incredible dad and we have handled every day as together as we could! I am back to work and his music takes up Thursday, Friday and Saturday nights, so there is definitely time that we have to be on our own with the gaggle of babies, but, the foundation was definitely built together and I think that is part of why life is so good with all three.

That, and we swaddled the heck out of Meg and Eli. We read books about swaddling and the comfort that it provides newborns. We followed that practice to a tee and literally kept them swaddled more often than not. Now, at 5+ months, we are finally letting them out. I know it sounds nuts, but, I think it is most definitely made our little ones the phenomenal sleepers that they are. Since about 3 months, they have been knocking back 9-10 hour nights, now we are around 11, sometimes 12 hour nights.

Meg is hilarious at night—she is a little bit of a snorer, but for the longest time she wouldn’t  move a muscle. You could have put a penny on her head and she would wake up with it still there! It’s pretty remarkable!

Life with three under 2.5 means that there are a million things going on in our house any given day. MOST all of them are tremendous and exciting! 

Meg: Smiling and chuckles. She loves to be tickled.
Eli: Smiling, cooing and in love with being held!

Meg:  The most content baby—happy to be held, to swing, to sit, to lay. As Si on Duck Dynasty says, Meg is Happy, Happy, Happy.
Eli: Fairly content little man, Eli fusses more than Meg but not too much. He is really pretty easy, but, sometimes wants a little more attention. I think this must come from Clark’s side!

Meg: Rolling over, somewhat consistently, while doing tummy time.
Eli: Falling asleep, somewhat consistently, while doing tummy time! Actually, Eli just decided he could roll and has been a little rockstar at it. He actually turned back-to-front first, and hasn’t stopped since.

Meg: Loves her Moo-Cow wubbanub but can fall asleep without it.
Eli: Likes his Froggy wubbanub but really only cares if he is fussy. He has recently discovered chewing on fabric, and I think he may end up like Whitney Paige by using fabric as her ‘lovey’ or self-soother.

Speaking of Whitney Paige…our true entertainer…Sweet, little Whitney Paige. This child is the epitome of entertainer. The minute she has an audience, particularly a new one, she is charming them with her dance, song, stories, etc.

1.       Favorite songs, which she listens to non-stop:
Taylor Swift: I Knew You Were Trouble
Bruno Mars: Locked Out of Heaven (she calls this new Trouble or the Monkey song---uh-uh-oooh sounds like a monkey to her!)
Darius Rucker: Wagon Wheel
Florence & The Machine: Dog Days

2.       Love, loves to dance. Mommy made up a dance where she sings “Dance, dance, dance, shake it, shake it, shake it, shake”  She does this very often, mixed in with Daddy’s “Giddy Up Horsie/Gangam Style” mash up! We have a lot of fun teaching her new things. We recently started her alphabet and how to spell Whitney Paige. She can do the ABC’s and can spell W-H-I and P-A. She is going to hate me when she has to learn to writeL

3.       Favorite toys: Mickey Mouse has pulled into the lead over the previous months’ favorite: Frosty the Snowman, Scooby Doo and a purple unicorn she named Shaggy (and I believe she thinks is Shaggy from Scooby). She tells me that Mickey is a “Good ole boy.” So he gets to sleep closest to her at night. Fear not, Frosty, Unicorn Shaggy and Scooby are close at hand any given moment.

4.       Favorite games: WP’s into a lot of different things. Recently, she discovered Model Magic—which is a non-messy modeling clay. We built a bird’s nests out of it the first time (primarily because that is the only thing I can build). She now calls the clay birds nest. “You play bird nest with me, mawmmy?”  You can imagine Clark’s confusion when she threw a fit to play birds nest and he had NO CLUE what she was talking about. I think we need a Whitney Paige dictionary for such emergencies.

5.       WP is a tiny little thing. She will be 3 in July and is just now wearing 24 month clothes. She is a #4 size diaper (yes, the potty training was a success for about 2 weeks!), but has been sleeping in a #3 overnight (because they still fit and I had a whole box that I had not used up before moving into 4’s). To put in context, Meg & Eli will be moving into #3 diapers in about a couple weeks (Meg is over 12 lbs, Eli is close to 15, and Whitney Paige is 24). At this rate, they will be bigger than WP at year 1. Haha!

6.       WP says the sweetest things. My personal favorite was a few weeks ago. She wasn’t feeling really well and climbed on the couch and laid her head on the pillow. She said “Mawmmy, I use this piwwow to west my sweepy lil head.”  Translation-Mommy, I use this pillow to rest my sleepy little head!  It was the sweetest thing!

We have our first trip coming up and WP’s 3rd birthday this summer, so it’s going to be an exciting few months for our crew. I can’t wait to be part of every second as these three people continue to develop and become even more precious than they already are, if that’s possible.

No comments:

Post a Comment