The babies Connley and I are 30 weeks and 6 days—if ever
there were a time you don’t round up, it’s during pregnancy, but, I am rounding
up a day for the sake of the title. 31 Weeks. Woo-hoo….Everything past 30 just feels so
good. I have to be honest; I didn’t feel all that comfortable that we would get
to 30 weeks, at least not still standing!
It’s really hard for me to believe that we are just one week away from the point Whitney Paige was born. Here’s what was happening to her, at 32 weeks. I laughed a little when I saw the day of this post—it was one day before she was born! I am thankful to have kept a blog back then—it’s really fun to be reminded of what was happening. It’s also been helpful this pregnancy—as I panic about when they will arrive or if everything is ok, I look back to what was happening in July with WP and it clear, in hindsight, that the issues were present. I have had zero headaches since the first 12 weeks or so, or high blood pressure reads, so I feel confident that preeclampsia will not reoccur this time, or at least not next week!
I am trying to make the most of the last few weeks as a mommy of one. Clark and I took WP to the pumpkin patch this past weekend and next weekend we have some one on one time that I am looking forward to (after she spends the night with Nanny and Mommy has a pregnancy massage!)
It’s really hard for me to believe that we are just one week away from the point Whitney Paige was born. Here’s what was happening to her, at 32 weeks. I laughed a little when I saw the day of this post—it was one day before she was born! I am thankful to have kept a blog back then—it’s really fun to be reminded of what was happening. It’s also been helpful this pregnancy—as I panic about when they will arrive or if everything is ok, I look back to what was happening in July with WP and it clear, in hindsight, that the issues were present. I have had zero headaches since the first 12 weeks or so, or high blood pressure reads, so I feel confident that preeclampsia will not reoccur this time, or at least not next week!
With the previous complications and the fact that there are two bambinos in my
belly, I was mentally prepping for the worst. But, to be honest, it’s been
pretty smooth. 32 is our next big milestone which is so close I can almost
taste it. Once I hit the 32 mark, I will see the doctor twice a week. I think
when this is all said and done, should we go to full term (38 weeks with two);
I will have been in the doctor’s office 26 times over 38 weeks. It’s a lot of
visits but it is important for my sanity and their health.
I actually feel really, really good. Again, I had such low expectations, that I barely know what to do with myself. 31 (almost) weeks and I have only gained 24 lbs, almost entirely in my belly. I feel very lucky in that regard. I don’t look like I am 7+ months pregnant with twins, and perhaps that’s why I don’t feel like it either. My only real challenges have been a stretched nerve in my abdomen and gestational diabetes.
I actually feel really, really good. Again, I had such low expectations, that I barely know what to do with myself. 31 (almost) weeks and I have only gained 24 lbs, almost entirely in my belly. I feel very lucky in that regard. I don’t look like I am 7+ months pregnant with twins, and perhaps that’s why I don’t feel like it either. My only real challenges have been a stretched nerve in my abdomen and gestational diabetes.
The nerve is not so bad most of the time, but it has been
around since 24 weeks so I may be used to the discomfort by now. The
gestational diabetes is new—I am in my 2nd week of blood sugar
monitoring and low sugar diet. It’s really not so bad, either. My sugar isn’t
too crazy, so my diet isn’t bad. I have to spread sugar consumption throughout
the day instead of having a big spike. So no more spud and sweet tea lunch from
McAllister’s. Regardless of gestational diabetes, no one should really eat that
anyway, but boy is it good.
The reality of life is setting in for me, big time. Within a
month and a half, we will be bringing home two new babies. I am every emotion
from thrilled to terrified. We are set on names (unless one really comes out
looking like something different!) and their coming home outfits are selected.
I have started packing our hospital bag, complete with new PJ’s for both me and
Clark. Last time, I didn’t have a hospital bag packed, so I had the most random
bag of things—a laptop from work, a book, a toothbrush and maybe makeup,
slippers, pjs that didn’t match or fit (I was planning on being much bigger by
the time I needed them!). I wanted this
experience to be a little more coordinated versus me calling Clark from the hospital
with 10 things he had to search the house for! Who knows how the process will
go from here, but, I sure hope it’s smooth.
Aside from my brain not being fully ready, our house is SOOO
not ready for this—we haven’t set up cribs, a nursery (mainly because there isn’t
one to be set up). We do have car seats, diapers, bottles, clothes and an
unassembled crib, so at the very least we will function! And, we do have a game
plan of sorts for what will happen once we need two cribs (we are estimating
they can share until March or so). I am so thankful that we are having twins
after having one. It’s not nearly as overwhelming. I can’t imagine going from
no babies to two babies. We are fortunate to have half of everything we need,
and thanks to Aunt Whitney and Barrett we have TONS of boy clothes and gear,
and Auntie Nicole & Jessie, we have an extra car seat, and other big items.
One of my co-worker’s has (almost) 2 year old twins, and his wife has offered
lots of advice and gear, too….We have saved a lot of money, and stress, by
having so many sweet, helpful family and friends.
I have been praying a lot for these two little ones, and for
us, but mostly for Whitney Paige. She is the best thing in the world and I so
worry that the transition is going to be hard on her—which I know it will. I
hope she loves them and doesn’t feel any less love from us. I don’t have any
words for her that she will understand but I am hopeful that she adjusts
quickly to the new life that she will have. Being the youngest of 4, I know how
terrific a big family is, but I don’t think I can communicate that to a two
year old!
I am trying to make the most of the last few weeks as a mommy of one. Clark and I took WP to the pumpkin patch this past weekend and next weekend we have some one on one time that I am looking forward to (after she spends the night with Nanny and Mommy has a pregnancy massage!)
So, that’s the story this week. Knock on wood that history
does not repeat and we aren’t delivering babies next week!

No comments:
Post a Comment