The babies Connley and are heading into their 27th week. This pregnancy, in general, is flying by. The days seem to go slow, but, the weeks are incredibly fast--which I guess is a good thing. It's better than both being slow!!
A couple of weeks ago, I was dealing with some abdominal
pain in my left side. It had been so bad that I took a trip to Good Sam at 24
weeks. Part of me knew it was nothing, but the minute I signed in at triage, I
realized the last time I was there it was the real-deal and we were just 32
weeks along. Thankfully, it turns out, it was a stretched nerve (apparently).
It sounded like the pain wasn’t going to be going away until the babies are delivered,
since there is no way to stop the stretching.
The good news, it has gone away for the most part. It creeps
in around 5:00 or so each night, but, I can handle the end of day issues if it
means not having the pain all day. Other than that, I feel completely perfect.
No back pain, no hip pain, no leg pain…So that’s all good news.
The babies are really rocking and rolling in my ‘beddy’ (as
WP says). I find myself staring at my stomach in meetings because it looks like
I have Mexican jumping beans (or stones) hopping around. I love to feel them
move. Being pregnant with twins definitely feels much different—it is like a
boxing match, with a round every hour or so!
My next appointment will be next week. 28 weeks is a big milestone,
so I am looking forward to a good check-up. Here is a little flash back that makes me both happy and teary eyed at the same time. I remember the feeling of accomplishment with WP at 27.5 weeks, which is so close with these two. It seemed like an eternity to achieve with WP and now we are looking right at it with Babies Connley. http://www.notesonbaby.blogspot.com/2010/06/27-and-6.html
In other news, Whitney Paige is doing pretty good on the
potty training bit. We had a two week regression, primarily at daycare, where
she was having numerous accidents. It seems that we have overcome most of that
and we are pretty much potty trained completely, on number ones. Number two still
needs some work.
| WP and Barrett at the Newport Aquarium. We had a successful day out with no accidents! |
I am going through a kind of clingy phase with Whitney Paige.
She is not so clingy with me, but instead I with her. I think it may be a
little maternal fear of what to do when two newborns hit the scene. How will I
love them all? Will WP still feel as special as she does now? Will she be sad?
I am so nervous for how the next few months are going to play out, all I can do
is love on her all the time. It doesn’t hurt that she is the cutest human on the
planet. I mean, really…look at this sweet thing.
In my usual, lack of blogging, I forgot to share that my
sister and girlfriends threw me the most spectacular baby shower. I never had
an official shower with WP, since she was born two days before the scheduled
event! I asked the girls to not go to
extremes, since this was the 2nd shower they had thrown me. They promised
a ‘sprinkle’ not a shower, but in the end, it was a full blown shower. It was
so sweet and Babies Connley are very well stocked on diapers, wash, wipes, and
clothes! We literally have diapers stacked from floor to ceiling in our bedroom.
Clark calls this the tower of terror. I can’t disagree.
![]() |
| with Whitney. |
![]() |
| Adorable matching GAP sets from my girls at Gorilla. |
![]() |
| Aly made the most delicious cinnamon rolls. I can't stop thinking about them! |
![]() |
| Cindy shared her house--did a great job decorating. She didn't tell me the color scheme was orange and green, but I dressed very appropriately! |
![]() |
| Nicole, another hostess iwth the mostess...excellent party planning!! |
![]() |
| Gorilla girls!!! |
![]() |
| Kelly, my love, travelled through fallen trees and live power lines on the ground (thanks to a vicious wind storm the night before) just to celebrate the babies Connley!! |
![]() |
| Amy & Harper came out to celebrate!
|










I got teary eyed reading through WP's 27 and 6 post again. We've come a long way! I am so happy that the Babies Connley are doing so well at this point!
ReplyDeleteI know--I did too! Barrett's birthday will always be such an amazing day, that is for sure!
ReplyDelete