Monday, April 30, 2012

I Wuv You!

in chicago at the Children's Museum, on business with mommy.
Last night I heard the words I have been dying to hear for 21 months +. I LOVE YOU is now a phrase that Whitney Paige has accomplished. She’s been able to sign I love you, but to hear her sweet voice say those three words was music to our ears. Clark and I were astonished and got such a kick out of it!

Prior to these three words, her most frequent phrase (really only phrase) is I want _________. You can fill in the blank with Mama, Hannah, Paul, Dada, Pooh (Winnie), up, down, Teebee (TV), more, drink, nuk (milk), teat (treat, for paul—she likes giving him his treat).
 Other little wonders from our pride and joy:
1.       She throws away her own trash. We can tell her to put something in the trash can and she merrily runs along to do it. Any advice from parents of older children on how to maintain the joy in throwing away trash? Based on my experiences with a 12-year-old step child, the joy will not last.

2.       She can blow her own nose. I know this sounds weird, and gross, but it is so funny to see her do it. She asks for a tissue and does her thing. She is pretty good at it. Unfortunately, she has not learned the joy of throwing her used tissues in the trashcan, as she really does like to wipe down the entertainment center with a used Kleenex.

3.       She is learning to sing. Right now, she knows most of the words to Twinkle, twinkle. I think Itsy Bisty spider isn’t too far away!

4.       She loves Teeebeee. Fortunately, she is still full of life and imagination and doesn’t usually sit still for Teeebeee, but, she wakes up every single morning with “I want Tooo-tooo (choo-choo)” Her favorites are Thomas & Friends (only the theme song), Sesame Street, Wonder Pets and of course Baby Signing Time. She has watched 3, well, part of 3 Disney movies, as well: Dumbo, Robin Hood and Snow White.

5.       She love going outside, playing with chalk (talk), coloring (tour, tour—yes, it took a long time to figure out that tour was color.), reading books, Pooh Bear (he sleeps with her and goes everywhere she goes), Chewies (her blankets, Tewie, tewie). She speaks in doubles a lot, so when I say Tour Tour and Tewie, Tewie, it’s because that’s what she says.
in chicago, on business with mommy.

6.       Her best friends are Barrett (Baet), Charlee (Chuck—that’s what it sounds like), Jessie and Neve! She is a lucky girl to have such good pals.

7.       She loves, loves her Aunt Itney, and loves that they share a name. Every time she sees Aunt Whitney, she says “Itney, itney” and points to herself. It’s really sweet.

8.       Her eating habits are still tremendous. She is getting a little bit pickier, but, loves any of the following Tomatoes (totos), Blueberries, Pasta (paata), Pizza, Cheese, crackers, cantaloupe, honey dew, green beans, carrots, yogurt, scrambled eggs, hard boiled eggs and more!

No comments:

Post a Comment