Wednesday, February 29, 2012

What Gives?

Lately, nearly everyone I know has trouble in the baby department. Trouble conceiving, trouble during, pre-term labor. What gives? I can’t decide if it’s because I am in the baby-making age, so I am more aware or if something is really up?

I used to know one person that I grew up with that was premature. Now, 4 of the past 6 babies that have been born around me were preemies, including mine! We are so lucky now, at nearly 19 months to be where we are. All the babes I know that were early are doing great—even better than great. 3 of the 4 spent 3 months in the NICU, and those babies have had relatively minor complications over the past year+. Thank the Lord.

My little one has shown no real signs of issue. Her only noticeable sign (noticeable to us, her doctor’s and parents of other 19 month olds) is her small size, and really this could just be the way she would have been anyway. She is just now wearing 12 month clothes like they should be worn. She has been wearing them for a while because I thought she was on a raging growth spurt (and she was) but it fizzled at 20 lbs. I swear she has been 20 lbs. forever. At her last doctor’s apt (oh no! I haven’t schedule her 18 month well visit…rats.) She was in the 5% and 10% for height and weight. Her head circumference was in the 54%. Who would have thought that a daughter
of Clark or me would have a big head!

Our little bit is doing great, truly great. She is the ultimate charmer/flirt (again, the apple and the tree theory reigns true). She is a talker (apple-tree) and is currently going NUTS that she can’t get the words out. She mmm, mmma, hhmmm’s all the time with a few words scattered in. Her latest words/animal sounds/signs/acts of pure genius are:
1. Elephant sounds
2. Lion Roars
3. Counting: One, Two (tew)
4. Chewie (sounds like tewie which are her blankies)
5. Grandy (she does the sign language that Dad taught her 6 months+ ago, but now calls him Gideee)
6. Nana, Nanny, Papa (all with ASL signs!!)
7. She can sign I love you
8. Hop like a Frog and say Ribbit (sounds like bit-bit)
9. The duck says tack-tack-tack.
10.Sings Wonder Pets opening song: Ming-ming, Tuck and Go Pets, Yay! And the Pone, the pone is ringing (instead of phone!)
11. Elmo, Grover and Big Bird (she can say and recognize)
12. Covers her mouth with her hand when something surprises her
13. She is working on covering her mouth when she coughs

She loves all sorts of foods, however, her food faves are:
1. Pizza (pi-a)
2. Pasta (pa-ta)
3. Hot Dogs (we try to do the all-turkey, but it doesn’t always happen)
4. Cheese
5. Green beans (gree-beans, are her ultimate favorite!)

Ok, things outside of baby. What is happening in our world?
Work for me is busy, but good. I get into travel mode in the coming month with a trip to Orlando, Chicago and Vegas in March, April and May. I think Clark and WP may do the Chicago trip with me, so that will be nice. I love work but being away from her is less than ideal.

Clark’s schedule is about to hit the spring-boom. The band picked up a Thursday night gig so he is back into the Thursday, Friday, Saturday gigs. I am not entirely excited but our bank account
will be grateful! In addition to 4th Day, he is training for the Flying Pig. So that keeps him busy and on his toes-literally. He is also working on a writing project with a couple other musicians. The music is really great and it gives him a nice creative outlet. He is also practicing for a reunion show in May with his band from the 90’s. Last time they played (maybe 5 years ago) several hundred folks were there. In Cincinnati, that’s hard for an original band to do. I need to brush up on the tunes so I can sing along with the fanatics.

Outside of work and baby, I am not up to much. I need to get some motivation to work out or something. There just aren’t enough hours in the day—and after spending 8 of them at work and 6-7 asleep, 2 of them with WP before her bed time, I don’t have much time for much else. I live vicariously through Clark’s schedule!

Life, as always, is very good.

No comments:

Post a Comment