Monday, February 21, 2011

Veggie Tales.

Whitney Paige is doing so many things since my last post, but the biggest is the new addition of food! We have introduced baby foods a couple weeks ago and WP has taken to them very quickly. It's so funny to see her try new things and to see the look on her face when she loves (sweet potato) or hates (squash). She has continued to eat all of the different things we have tried--even the ones that make her face squish in disgust. I hope she has a diverse palette.

We're just doing veggies right now, and so far have had green beans, carrots, squash, zucchini peas and prunes. The prunes don't really count as they were really a means to an ends...And they worked:)
(UPDATE)
I actually started this blog post a while ago but never finished. Since then, we have introduced pears and banana's. The other night, I was feeding Whitney Paige green beans (which she loves) but had a tiny bit of banana to introduce. I gave her a bite and her face was pure shock. She HATED them and for the first time actually spit out her food. I am surprised that she doesn't like banana's--and even more surprised that she opted for Green Beans over them...Good, good girl:)
I have tried to capture more videos, recently. Here is my favorite...the sweet potato footage. This was one of the first times in her high chair. I was filming the occassion and got a little surprise when I realized that Whitney Paige didn't want Oatmeal to interrupt her sweet potato's.

3 comments:

  1. Awww Lauren that is so precious! She is a lil doll baby! Her cry breaks my heart! Oh how I miss that lil cry...

    Oh and btw...You'll even feel good when she is crying after you at 3...You'll eat it up for the rest of your life! LOL

    ReplyDelete
  2. The dislike of bananas is probably due to the texture. I feel sure that she will love them in time.

    ReplyDelete
  3. So cute - there was a quick moment there when WP looked exactly like Grandmamay. So neat when you catch a glimpse of an ancestor in the little ones.

    ReplyDelete