Tuesday, May 11, 2010

23 weeks...We're on the Move.

It’s been a busy week for me and little Pea! She’s still just as active as ever! She is kicking and moving all the time. I am a bit surprised that I can already see the movements, but last night, I not only saw a foot kick but on the other side a little hand punch! Of course, I can’t see the foot and hand but the belly bumps in the cutest way.

I certainly feel pregnant now. We’re into our fifth month together and Pea has been a great little companion. She’s not too intrusive, really. She goes with the flow and as I have mentioned before, she likes most of what I like…Hot dogs, Orange flavored things, Oranges in general, lots of sleep, cuddling with Paul (the puppy), etc. She doesn’t like wine and I sometimes do…So that’s a bit of a problem (Haha!)

Clark, Pea and I went to Las Vegas last week for the National Hardware Show. Pea is already an excellent little traveler. I hope that stays the case. We’ll put her to the test in January when we venture to Florida so ‘daddy and grandy’ can run in the Walt Disney ½ Marathon. I think she’ll be a good girl.

Let’s see. What else. Oh, big news. We bought a CRIB! Thanks to Whitney for her suggestion! She found the perfect mate to the antique furniture that we are using. It was way to expensive, yet SO adorable. Pea is our first baby so we'll splurge. I am sure after she arrives, we'll realize we could have managed with the $134 crib at JC Penney...But, what the heck. I'll scrimp somewhere else (like getting my hair colored, which I need to do desperately!) Not to mention, everything else in the room was free.
We have dark walnut furniture in the room right now, so it will be a bit different than this image with the off-white furniture. But the pewter finish matches the finish on Mama Camille's furniture hardware. I think it's going to make such a sweet room. I still have a hard time visualizing completely...I can't wait until it arrives and we can put the room together.
This past Sunday was also my first official Mother’s Day. Even though Pea isn’t here yet, I am still calling myself a mommy. I think I am. I am officially a step-mom to Hannah, so either way, I am covered. And my designation of being a mom earned me a pregnancy massage from my Clark. What a nice guy! I can’t wait to use it.
We spent Mother’s Day with Clark’s family. My mom isn’t in Cincinnati so we just had a phone call—which is not suitable at all. I really dislike having such a long distance between us. I tease mom and dad about moving to Ohio. I really think they should. If not for me, think about Barrett & Pea…They need their Nana and Grandy!! I guess Evie, Nathan, Karleigh and Kaleb do too. Maybe they can move to West Virginia-so they’d be in between the VA grand kids and the OH ones. Wishful thinking, I suppose.

In closing, look at this sweet little man. My sweet nephew Barrett and I have spent some major time bonding. Here we are loving each other. Look at the hold he has on my finger (and heart!). I Love HIM!!

No comments:

Post a Comment