The Babies Connley and I are rocking and rolling at 21 weeks! It’s hard to believe how fast this pregnancy
is going. With WP, it seemed to take an eternity to move one week. This one is
literally flashing by. So much so, that I haven’t actually done ANYTHING to
prepare for these two little babies.
Our to-do list is actually more about getting Whitney Paige
prepared. The two biggies are potty training and moving her from a crib to a
big girl bed. We tackled the big girl bed this weekend. On Friday night, Clark
and I put my grandmother’s old bed together. It is really sweet. I have always loved WP’s room and thought I
would miss her crib, but the full size bed matches the other furniture and is
so special. I smile every time I walk in. We expected the first night to be pretty bad,
so we made the switch on a Friday so I could recover the next day if needed. We
did her normal bed time routine and tucked her in. Silence. We thought we had
made off easy, but as I walked by her room a few minutes later, I heard a
little scratch at the door.
I went in and sat down in the bed with WP and talked to her
about what a big girl she was and said “Don’t you like your big girl bed.” She
looked right at me and said “No, mommy!”
I rocked her a little longer and then thought to roll up a blanket and
run it horizontally, across the bed about the width of her crib. I put her in,
along the headboard like she slept in her crib. It seemed to work and she didn’t
wake up again. We are now 5 days in and no issues. She goes right to sleep
every night. We keep her door shut, which we have always done, and so each
morning when she wakes up instead of calling for “MOMMY!” she now knocks on the
inside of her door. It’s hilarious. When I walk in, she barrels into my legs
and gives me the biggest hug. She is such a treat to be around!
Last night I took her to Target to pick out coordinating sheets for her room. After about three minutes in the store, she insisted on walking instead of sitting in the cart. I told her no and that if she stayed in the cart she would get a treat. For the next 20 minutes, she talked about the “Teat.” “Teat, mommy, teat.” We picked out cute purple and green floral sheets and picked out a Bengals shirt for Daddy. Then, as we were walking to the front of the store, she asked to get out of the cart. I told that she couldn’t have a treat if she didn’t sit down. She said “Ok, no teat. Mommy down.” I couldn’t believe it. I have been outsmarted by a two year old. She, apparently, can not be bribed. I guess that’s a good thing since I don’t really want to be the bribey kind of mom.
Last night I took her to Target to pick out coordinating sheets for her room. After about three minutes in the store, she insisted on walking instead of sitting in the cart. I told her no and that if she stayed in the cart she would get a treat. For the next 20 minutes, she talked about the “Teat.” “Teat, mommy, teat.” We picked out cute purple and green floral sheets and picked out a Bengals shirt for Daddy. Then, as we were walking to the front of the store, she asked to get out of the cart. I told that she couldn’t have a treat if she didn’t sit down. She said “Ok, no teat. Mommy down.” I couldn’t believe it. I have been outsmarted by a two year old. She, apparently, can not be bribed. I guess that’s a good thing since I don’t really want to be the bribey kind of mom.
In pregnancy news, I am feeling really good—nothing out of
the ordinary at this point. The babes are starting to move around pretty
frequently, which is a reassuring feeling. I am also sprouting out a nice
little baby bump. I actually thought I would be bigger than I am, but, gaining
weight has been a little slower than I anticipated. In fact, three or four
weeks ago, my doctor suggested that I go on a 3,000 calorie diet because I had
only gained 6 lbs. This is not an easy task, unless I eat out all the
time…which means calories but unhealthy ones. Now, at 21 weeks, I have gained
about 13 lbs. and the docs are less worried. However, I have 32 lbs to go.
Sheesh!
At my last appointment, we talked about the birthing plan.
Of course there are a lot of factors that will go into the decision on delivery
style and whether to elect c-section or not. There are so many factors that go
into that decision. Way more than I ever realized. Babies position (both have
to be head down), babies size (baby B has to be smaller than baby A to avoid
c-section), etc. etc. My labor with WP was so easy, granted she was under 4
lbs, the doctors think I would be an ideal candidate to not have a c-section.
This is all a long ways away, so no real need to make a plan, but you know I
like a plan. Speaking of, we checked the calendar and decided that, even though
my official due date is 12/27/12, I would be induced at 38 weeks. That falls on
my Dad’s birthday, which happens to be 12/12/12 this year. So, our plan is that
if we make it to 38 weeks, we will have 12/12/12 babies. How cool?
Below are a couple images of belly shots. The first one is
18 weeks with WP, the 2nd is 19 weeks with Babies Connley.

So glad things are progressing nicely, with both WP and the newbies! Hope to get up soon.
ReplyDelete