Thursday, July 28, 2011

Tomorrow. Tomorrow...

It's only a day away! That's right, Whitney Paige will be a whopping ONE year old tomorrow. WOW.

I have enjoyed reliving last year, over this past week. Clark and I have said on several occasions "This time last year, we were ...."

So, on that note. This time last year, we were: http://notesonbaby.blogspot.com/2010_07_01_archive.html

I read those old words and remember all of the nerves that were coursing through my body. On one hand, I was so ready for "Pea" to be here. On the other, I wanted just a couple more weeks of pregnancy for her safety and development.

This time last year, I was pretty certain that I would have a few more days at Good Sam with a baby-in-belly. But, through the whirlwind of events, I really had 36 more hours or so. It is funny to look back and read my own words, of course knowing the outcome.

This time last year, I was finishing one chapter and starting a new one. I was closing the door on a lot of thoughts, fears and assumptions and was stepping into the wonderful, miraculous world of motherhood.

I was moments away from knowing why God put me on this earth, and moments away from learning how much a heart could grow. I was about to learn that loving so much is the most wonderful, yet terrifying feeling. I would learn about real joy and real fear, all in the same minute. I was about to learn that I would never, ever be the same, in a really, really good way.

No comments:

Post a Comment